All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionAn Introduction to Computer Graphics for Artists is an application-independent, reader-friendly primer for anyone with a serious desire to understand 3D Computer Graphics. Written by a veteran of the computer graphics industry whose previous career included film animation and various spells as Art Director for video games, Andrew Paquette draws on his experiences both as an artist and a manager. Far too often artists, even professionals, lack a basic understanding of the principles of computer graphics. The result is inefficiency and lower quality of work. This book addresses these issues by providing fundamental information in a university course format, with theoretical material, detailed illustrations, and projects to test the reader's understanding of the concepts covered. Opening with the first and most basic elements of computer graphics, the book rapidly advances into progressively more complex concepts. Each of the elements, however simple, are important to understand because each is an essential link in a chain that allows an artist to master any computer graphics application. With this accomplished, the artist can use techlogy to satisfy his goals, instead of the techlogy being master of the artist. All students wanting to learn more about computer graphics from an artistic viewpoint, particularly those intending to pursue a career in computer game design or film animation, will find this book invaluable.
- Author BiographyAndrew Paquette formerly worked in the video game industry as a modeler, texture artist, concept designer, storyboard artist, animator, and art director. In the film industry, he worked primarily as a texture artist but also as a CG lighter and modeler. Some of the companies he has worked for include: Epic Games, Square USA, THQ, Cinesite, Sony Picture Imageworks, and Rhythm & Hues. Some of the more prominent projects he has worked on are: Unreal (PC), Parasite Eve (PSX), Full Spectrum Warrior (XBOX), and the feature films Spider-Man, Space Jam, and Daredevil. Prior to becoming a CG artist and art director, he worked as an illustrator and comic book artist. He currently teaches computer graphics at the top-ranked game development bachelor's program in the Netherlands.
- Author(s)Andrew Paquette
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication02/05/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note11 black & white illustrations, 243 colour illustrations, 20 black & white tables, biography
- Weight643 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.