All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an authoritative introduction to everything you need to kw to become a professional therapist. It takes you through the entire therapeutic process, introducing the theory and applying it to real-life practice. Drawing on years of experience as a counselling practitioner and researcher, Andrew Reeves links counselling and psychotherapy theory to the development of appropriate skills, and locates it within the context of therapeutic practice today. Engagingly and accessibly written, the book is packed with learning features including * Chapter Overviews, Summaries and a Glossary -helping you navigate the book and get the most out of it. * Discussion Points, 'Skills Practice' and 'Pause for Reflection' sections, helping you critically engage with and reflect on what you have learned. * Case Studies and scenarios, helping you apply key ideas in practice across settings and modalities. * Indicated Further Reading and Important Websites - supporting your continued learning. This groundbreaking textbook represents a benchmark in understanding - and applying - the principles and practice of counselling and psychotherapy. It's accompanied by a companion website featuring a wealth of chapter-by-chapter resources for both students and lecturers to use alongside the book. From extended case studies through to web resources, links and PowerPoint presentations, these extra resources will help aid and enhance your learning and understanding. Andrew Reeves is a counsellor at the University of Liverpool and Editor of Counselling and Psychotherapy Research journal.
- Author BiographyAndrew Reeves is a BACP Senior Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist and Chair of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). Originally qualified as a social worker, Andrew then trained in counselling and psychotherapy and specialised in child protection and adult mental health before moving to working full-time as a counsellor at the University of Liverpool. He has researched therapy with suicidal clients and people who self-injure and self-harm for over 15 years and has written extensively about this, including his 2010 book with SAGE, Counselling Suicidal Clients. His award-winning training DVD, Tight Ropes and Safety Nets: Counselling Suicidal Clients (with Jon Shears and Sue Wheeler) is now being used by many therapy training programmes throughout the UK. Andrew's other books with SAGE include An Introduction to Counselling and Psychotherapy: From Theory to Practice (2012); The Handbook of Individual Therapy, 6th edition, co-edited with Windy Dryden; and Key Issues for Counselling in Action, 2nd edition, also co-edited with Windy Dryden. In 2015, SAGE launched a new series with Andrew as the editor, Essential Issues for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Author(s)Andrew Reeves
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/11/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight839 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.