All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStarting with an introduction to differential equations, this insightful text then explores 1st- and 2nd-order differential equations, series solutions, the Laplace transform, systems of differential equations, difference equations, nlinear differential equations and chaos, and partial differential equations. Numerous figures, problems with solutions, and tes. 1994 edition. Includes 268 figures and 23 tables.
- Author BiographyPartial Differential Equations & Beyond Stanley J. Farlow's Partial Differential Equations for Scientists and Engineers is one of the most widely used textbooks that Dover has ever published. Readers of the many Amazon reviews will easily find out why. Jerry, as Professor Farlow is known to the mathematical community, has written many other fine texts - on calculus, finite mathematics, modeling, and other topics. We followed up the 1993 Dover edition of the partial differential equations title in 2006 with a new edition of his An Introduction to Differential Equations and Their Applications. Readers who wonder if mathematicians have a sense of humor might search the internet for a copy of Jerry's The Girl Who Ate Equations for Breakfast (Aardvark Press, 1998). Critical Acclaim for Partial Differential Equations for Scientists and Engineers: This book is primarily intended for students in areas other than mathematics who are studying partial differential equations at the undergraduate level. The book is unusual in that the material is organized into 47 semi-independent lessonsrather than the more usual chapter-by-chapter approach. An appealing feature of the book is the way in which the purpose of each lesson is clearly stated at the outset while the student will find the problems placed at the end of each lesson particularly helpful. The first appendix consists of integral transform tables whereas the second is in the form of a crossword puzzle which the diligent student should be able to complete after a thorough reading of the text. Students (and teachers) in this area will find the book useful as the subject matter is clearly explained. The author and publishers are to be complimented for the quality of presentation of the material. - K. Morgan, University College, Swansea
- Author(s)Stanley J. Farlow
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication31/03/2006
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleDover Books on Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1266 g
- Width213 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.