CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.99Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionPut together by an outstanding author team, including many authors from the University of Northampton, An Introduction to Early Childhood is a much loved book that helps you explore all the major themes in early years education and care, while providing you with real insight into the changing world of early childhood. To further support your study, this edition has been expanded to include five new chapters including The History of Childhood, Play and Creativity, Children and the Media, Leadership and Management, and Reflective Practice. This book further supports your study with outstanding learning features including: * Chapter objectives and introduction immediately introduce you to chapter concepts saving you time * More case studies provide deeper insight into how theory works in practice * Research in context boxes show how recent research is changing the world of early years * Reflective questions encourage you to think like a reflective practitioner * Chapter summaries aid your revision by recapping core concepts covered in each chapter * Further reading and recommended websites direct you to additional resources to further support your study. This book also comes with a new companion website. Visit www.sagepub.co.uk/walleranddavis3e to access a wealth of additional resources including: *Child Observation Videos give students a peek into a real Early Years settings and insight into child behaviour. These track particular children at different stages in their development, showing videos of the children 12 months apart in order to observe their development. Great basis for seminar discussions and student assignments. *Employability podcasts providing hints and tips about going on your first placement and getting your first job *Podcasts from chapter authors providing deeper insight into key topics *Free SAGE Journal Articles to deepen students' understanding on core topics *Web links directing to useful websites for further study and support in practice.
- Author BiographyTim Waller is Editor of this book, and Professor of Child and Family Studies at Anglia Ruskin University. The majority of the contributors are based at the University of Northampton, and this is very much a team book. Geraldine Davis is a Principal Lecturer and Director of the Doctorate in Education at Anglia Ruskin University. She has worked in higher education for 14 years, following work as a teacher in schools, colleges and within the health sector. She led the Masters degree in Early Years Professional Practice between 2010 and 2015. Geraldine led a funded research project to explore the link between leadership in the early childhood workforce and outcomes for children from 2010 - 2013. She co-edited the third edition of 'An Introduction to Early Childhood' with Professor Tim Waller in 2014 and wrote the chapter 'Leadership and Change Management in Early Childhood'.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication23/04/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1066 g
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGeraldine Davis,Tim Waller
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.