All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten specifically for education practitioners, An Introduction to Educational Research: Connecting Methods to Practice approaches research methods from a practice-first perspective that aligns research with professional experiences and identifies the tools and resources readers can use when conducting their own research. Throughout the book, the authors illuminate complex research concepts using problems of practice confronting educators to help readers make meaningful connections with key concepts and research practices. The authors present balanced coverage across research methodologies that is linked to practice, so readers clearly see research as a tool they can use to improve classrooms, schools, districts, and educational organizations.
- Author BiographyChad R. Lochmiller is an Assistant Professor in Educational Leadership & Policy Studies in the School of Education at Indiana University where he teaches courses on data-driven decision-making, school finance, and research methods for practitioners. Dr. Lochmiller received his Ph.D. in Education with a specific focus on leadership, policy, and organizations from the University of Washington in 2010 and received his Master's of Educational Administration from Gonzaga University in 2005. His research focuses on contemporary education policy issues, specifically those related to school finance and human resources. He is particularly interested in the ways in which finance and personnel issues influence leaders' ability to enact meaningful reforms at the school and district level. He is also interested in issues related to leadership development and preparation. His research has been recently published in journals such as the Education Policy Analysis Archives, Journal of School Leadership, Journal of Research on Leadership Education, and Journal of Cases in Educational Leadership. Jessica Nina Lester is an Assistant Professor in the Inquiry Methodology program in the School of Education at Indiana University where she teaches courses focused on introductory research methods and qualitative research methodologies, with a particular focus on discourse and conversation analysis. Dr. Lester received her Ph.D. in Educational Psychology and Research, along with a graduate certificate in Qualitative Research Methods in Education, from the University of Tennessee in 2011. She received her Master's of Education in 2005 from the University of Mary. Her research activities lie at the intersection of disability studies, discourse studies, and critical/social theory. Dr. Lester recently co-edited a book focused on performance ethnographies and co-authored a book focused on the use of digital tools across the qualitative research process. She is currently the co-editor of The Palgrave handbook of child mental health: Discourse and conversation studies and The Palgrave handbook of adult mental health: Discourse and conversation studies. She most recently published in journals such as Qualitative Inquiry, Discourse Studies, and The International Journal of Qualitative Studies.
- Author(s)Chad R. Lochmiller,Jessica N. Lester
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication22/01/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $42.94
- AU $19.58Trending at AU $22.53
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.11
- AU $43.36Trending at AU $48.72
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $24.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.