All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionDrysdale's book is by far the most comprehensive - everyone in the office has a copy...w including me. It holds just about everything you need to kw about fire science. (Review of An Introduction to Fire Dynamics, 2nd Edition) After 25 years as a bestseller, Dougal Drysdale's classic introduction has been brought up-to-date and expanded to incorporate the latest research and experimental data. Essential reading for all involved in the field from undergraduate and postgraduate students to practising fire safety engineers and fire prevention officers, An Introduction to Fire Dynamics is unique in that it addresses the fundamentals of fire science and fire dynamics, thus providing the scientific background necessary for the development of fire safety engineering as a professional discipline. An Introduction to Fire Dynamics * Includes experimental data relevant to the understanding of fire behaviour of materials; * Features numerical problems with answers illustrating the quantitative applications of the concepts presented; * Extensively course-tested at Worcester Polytechnic Institute and the University of Edinburgh, and widely adopted throughout the world; * Will appeal to all those working in fire safety engineering and related disciplines.
- Author BiographyProfessor Dougal Drysdale recently retired from the University of Edinburgh, where he maintains the position of Emeritus Professor of Fire Safety Engineering. He is a past president of the International Association for Fire Safety Science. His research interests include spontaneous combustion, fire dynamics and behaviour, and fire investigation.
- Author(s)Dougal Drysdale
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication26/08/2011
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight856 g
- Width169 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.