All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn Introduction to Foreign Language Learning and Teaching presents an engaging, student-friendly guide to the fields of foreign language learning and teaching. For students beginning their study of these fields, the book provides essential background information, dealing with language learning and teaching in a clear and comprehensible way. An Introduction will also be of value to teachers in training and those already working in the field, providing an up-to-date overview which focuses on contemporary issues while at the same time providing an important historical perspective. The book covers both theoretical and practical aspects of the field and provides suggestions throughout for discussion and workshop activities. Matters related to classroom and task-based teaching are dealt with at length, making the book suitable for use on practical training courses, especially where a degree of theoretical background is also required. Although most of the examples used deal with English as a foreign language, the book offers a suitable introduction for teachers of any foreign language. In this age of unfettered global communication the teaching and learning of foreign languages have never been more important. An Introduction to Foreign Language Teaching and Learning will give you the head start you need to get ahead of the field.
- Author BiographyKeith Johnson is currently Professor of Linguistics and Language Education at Lancaster University. He is one of the founding members of the Centre for Applied Language Studies at the University of Reading. He has written widely on all aspects of language learning and teaching.
- Author(s)Keith Johnson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication19/06/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleLearning About Language
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date16/05/2017
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.