All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of the well-established Kearey and Brooks text is fully updated to reflect the important developments in geophysical methods since the production of the previous edition. The broad scope of previous editions is maintained, with even greater clarity of explanations from the revised text and extensively revised figures. Each of the major geophysical methods is treated systematically developing the theory behind the method and detailing the instrumentation, field data acquisition techniques, data processing and interpretation methods. The practical application of each method to such diverse exploration applications as petroleum, groundwater, engineering, environmental and forensic is shown by case histories. The mathematics required in order to understand the text is purposely kept to a minimum, so the book is suitable for courses taken in geophysics by all undergraduate students. It will also be of use to postgraduate students who might wish to include geophysics in their studies and to all professional geologists who wish to discover the breadth of the subject in connection with their own work.
- Author BiographyPhilip Kearey gained a B.Sc. in Geology and a Ph.D. in Geophysics at the University of Dunham. After two years for the Canadian government he took up a post as Lecturer in Applied Geophysics at the University of Bristol in 1976. He was promoted to Senior Lecturer in 1995. He was elected as Chartered Geologist of the Geological Society in 1991. Mike Brooks was a Professor of Geology and Head of the Department of Geology at Cardiff University from 1978 to 1993 and is now a Professor Emeritus of the University. From 1993 to 2001 he was the Education and Training Officer of the Geological Society of London. Ian Hill is Senior Lecturer in Geophysics at the University of Leicester where he teaches Geophysics and Plate Tectonics. He was the first chairman of the Environmental and Industrial Geophysics Group (EIGG) of the Geological Society of London. He is a Chartered Geoligist.
- Author(s)Ian Hill,Michael Brooks,Philip Kearey
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication14/03/2002
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Science Ltd
- Content Note302 illustrations
- Weight682 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.92
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.