All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe development of the use of polymeric materials in the form of geosynthetics has brought about major changes in the civil engineering industry. Geosynthetics are available in a wide range of compositions appropriate to different applications and environments. Over the past three to four decades, civil engineers have grown increasingly interested in geosynthetics and in understanding their correct use. Simultaneously, significant advances have been made in the use of geosynthetics in civil engineering applications as well as in the areas of aquaculture, agriculture and mining engineering. These developments have occurred because of the ongoing dialogue among leading engineers and researchers from several organizations and academic institutions. This concise introductory textbook on geosynthetics deals with the basic concepts of the subject, especially for meeting the requirements of senior undergraduate/graduate students as well as of practising engineers who have t been exposed to geosynthetics thus far. It includes recently developed fundamental concepts and new applications covering the use of polymer and other fibres in soil improvement.
- Author BiographySanjay Kumar Shukla is an Associate Professor of Civil Engineering and the Founding Program Leader of the Discipline of Civil Engineering at the School of Engineering, Edith Cowan University, Perth, Australia. He has over twenty years' teaching, research and consultancy experience in the field of Geotechnical and Geosynthetic Engineering. He has authored more than 115 research papers and technical articles including over 70 refereed journal publications. He is also an author/editor of 5 popular books and 12 book chapters. He is a fellow of the Engineers Australia, a life fellow of the Institution of Engineers (India) and the Indian Geotechnical Society, a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and the International Geosynthetics Society, and a life member of the Indian Roads Congress, the Indian Society for Rock Mechanics and Tunnelling Technology, the Indian Society for Technical Education, and the Coal Ash Institute of India. He was Founding Honorary Secretary of the Indian Geotechnical Society, Varanasi Chapter, from 2005 to 2007, and its Chairman from 2007 to 2009.
- Author(s)Sanjay Kumar Shukla
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/06/2016
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight793 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $33.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.