Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionAt a time when developed world populations are healthier and richer than they have ever been, why is there still so much poverty and disease in the world? Why do rich countries hold so many poor countries in debt and why do millions of children die every year from avoidable diseases? This new edition attempts to answer these pressing questions.An Introduction to International Health, Second Edition is a comprehensive and detailed exploration of international health and the modern aid industry. This provocative new edition is masterfully constructed around four essential themes: What is international health? Why is population health so poor in developing countries? What is the extent of the problem? What can be done about it?The thoroughly updated second edition provides answers to these questions and includes new discussions on war, governance and human rights in developing countries, and the various issues surrounding water, sanitation, and infectious diseases. Solutions are examined via primary health care strategies, poverty alleviation, and developing world debt relief, as well as human rights interventions. Unique to this book is its how-to component. The final section discusses how to work safely and effectively in a developing country.This eye-opening text is an essential read for all those interested in international health.
- Author BiographyStaff Physician in the Department of Respiratory/Intensive Care at the Children's Hospital in Vancouver, Dr. Michael Seear has been actively involved in international health initiatives for over 25 years. He also teaches at the University of British Columbia.
- Author(s)Michael Seear
- PublisherBrown Bear Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationToronto, ON
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintBrown Bear Press
- Content Note177 b/w illus & 71 tables
- Weight804 g
- Width171 mm
- Height247 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.