All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGardner and MacKenzie's An Introduction to Land Law has been widely acclaimed by students and teachers for the distinctively informative and stimulating way in which it addresses this challenging subject. Concise and highly readable, it covers the main points of land law found in the syllabuses of law schools in England and Wales. While t intended as a comprehensive textbook, it provides both sufficient detail, and especially the illuminating overview needed, for a real understanding, and many pointers for those seeking more. Most of all, it stands apart from other land law books in the model it offers of critical engagement with the material. As the authors say in their Preface: [W]e aim t just to state the law, but to paint its portrait, or tell its story, or something of that kind. So we set out to offer a careful, thoughtful, honest and critical (but t unsympathetic) appraisal, from a number of directions, both doctrinal and contextual. Once again, too, we present the portrait or story partly for its own interest, but most of all so as to encourage readers to try something similar for themselves - to reflect on the subject more, and so understand it better, and at the same time deepen their thinking skills in general. As well as updating the book's overall coverage, this new edition features reworked discussions of areas where the law has recently undergone substantial change, and also where the authors' thoughts themselves have developed - including ownership, easements, and rectification of the land register. As one reader of the first edition commented, 'it shone light where ne had shone before, and lit a clear path to understanding'.
- Author BiographySimon Gardner is a Professor of Law at Oxford University. Emily MacKenzie is a barrister at Brick Court Chambers.
- Author(s)Emily MacKenzie,Simon Gardner
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Weight720 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.