All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book about lightning summarizes the essence of physics and effects of lightning in a n-technical manner and provides an up-to-date description of the phemen of lightning in simple language. Starting with the myths related to lightning, the reader is introduced to the mechanism of lightning flashes and their interactions with humans, human-made systems and Earth's environment. Most of the available books on lightning are written for the experts in the field and there is a need for a book that introduces the undergraduate and beginning post graduate students to the subject of lightning and prepares them for more advanced books meant for the experts. This introductory book, which is based on a series of lectures given to undergraduate and postgraduate students in electrical engineering, is intended to fill this need. Tailored to the needs of university students who plan to study electrical engineering, meteorology, environmental or basic physics, it is also a valuable reference resource for laymen who are interested in kwing more on this phemen.
- Author BiographyVernon Cooray received his Ph.D. degree in Electricity with special attention to electrical transients and electrical discharges from Uppsala University, Sweden, in 1982. In the year 2000, he was promoted to the rank of full professor in electricity with special attention to transients and electrical discharges at the division for electricity of Uppsala University. From 2000 - 2002 he was the head of the Division for Electricity in the Department of Engineering Sciences. Vernon Cooray has authored and co-authored more than 400 scientific papers and 22 book chapters on Physics of Lightning and Electrical Discharges, Lightning Interaction and Electromagnetic Compatibility. He is the editor of three books, The Lightning Flash, published by IEE (London) in 2003, Lightning Protection published by IEE (London) in 2009 and Lightning Electromagnetics published by IEE (London) in 2012. Vernon Cooray is the Editor in chief of the Journal of Lightning Research. He was also a guest editor of two issues of Atmospheric Research and two issues of the J. Electrostatics. Vernon Cooray is the vice president of the scientific committee of the International Conference on Lightning Protection (ICLP) and a member of the scientific committee of the Symposium on Lightning Protection (SIPDA).
- Author(s)Vernon Cooray
- Date of Publication09/10/2014
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note182 black & white illustrations, 71 colour illustrations, 7 black & white tables, biography
- Weight815 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.