All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.06
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook is concerned with the mathematical modelling of biological and physiological phemena for mathematically sophisticated students. A range of topics are discussed: diffusion population dynamics, automous differential equations and the stability of ecosystems, biogeography, pharmokinetics, biofluid mechanics, cardiac mechanics, the spectral analysis of heart sounds using FFT techniques. The last chapter deals with a wide variety of commonly used medical devices. This book is based on courses taught by the author over many years and the material is well class tested. The reader is aided by many exercises that examine key points and extend the presentation in the body of the text. All students of mathematical biology will find this book to be a highly useful resource.
- Author BiographyProfessor Mazumdar is an Adjunct Professor in the School of Mathematical Sciences as well as in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of the University of Adelaide. His main research interests are in the fields of Solid Mechanics, Mathematical Biology, Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering. He has published nearly 200 research papers in these areas. He has written two books entitled An Introduction to Mathematical Physiology and Biology, 2nd edition, Cambridge University Press 1999, and Biofluid Mechanics' World Scientific,1992. He has also written chapters in a number of well-known books. The details of his research activities can be viewed in his homepage www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/people/jmazumdar. Professor Mazumdar is a recipient of number of prestigious awards. He is a Fellow of a number of academic bodies.
- Author(s)J. Mazumdar
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication19/08/1999
- Series TitleCambridge Studies in Mathematical Biology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 16
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight360 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Series Edited byC. Cannings,F. C. Hoppensteadt,L. A. Segel
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.