All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $73.81Was:AU $97.99Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionAn Introduction to Moroccan Arabic and Culture and the accompanying multimedia DVD are designed to enable students to communicate effectively using Moroccan Arabic. Since Moroccan Arabic is rarely written or used in formal communication, the strength of the book lies in training learners in speaking and listening skills that can be used in everyday situations. Upon completing this course, students should be able to: greet people; introduce themselves; ask and reply to simple questions; use days and numbers in context; order food; shop; make appointments and reservations; give directions; talk about future plans; and, use common idiomatic expressions. Each chapter includes: cultural introductions to social, religious, or cultural aspects of Moroccan society; listening comprehension exercises; vocabulary exercises; dialogues and texts; conversation practice; grammar instruction on how native speakers structure their speech; and, interactive and video materials to support cultural understanding, listening, speaking, and grammar explanations. This book uses Romanized transcription alongside Arabic script for the first three chapters and thereafter only the Arabic script. It also includes a glossary and answer key. It requires approximately 120 contact hours, plus 180-240 additional hours of preparation outside class. A vice student should reach the intermediate-mid level of proficiency by the end of this course.
- Author BiographyAbdellah Chekayri is an associate professor and coordinator of the Arabic language program at Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane, Morocco.
- Author(s)Abdellah Chekayri
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication09/03/2011
- LanguageArabic & English
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content Note180 illustrations
- Weight1520 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and DVD-ROM
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.