All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe initial impetus for this text occurred when we were searching for a single book that could be recommended to the attendees at the Mossbauer Spectroscopy Institute at The Catholic University of America. This Institute is an introductory course on the theory and interpretation of Mossbauer spectroscopy for workers in industrial, academic, and government labora- tories. None of the books available adequately covered the breadth and scope of the lectures in the Institute. A list of these books and review articles is included in Appendix C. To meet our needs, we undertook the creation of this text. The chapters are based upon the lectures given at the various Institutes from 1967 to 1969. Most of the lectures were recorded and transcripts sent to the lecturers, who then prepared the manuscripts, using the transcripts as a guide so as to retain the style developed during the lecture. Each chapter is written in the style of the authors. As the editor, my main task was to main- tain uniformity of format and menclature. A list of menclature used in this volume is reproduced in Appendix A. We hope that this list will be used particularly by new investigators and teachers of Mossbauer spectroscopy so that future literature will employ a uniform system.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/11/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note85 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight323 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byLeopold May
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1971
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.