Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionAn Introduction to Music Techlogy, Second Edition provides a clear overview of the essential elements of music techlogy for today's musician. This book focuses on the topics that underlie the hardware and software in use today: Sound, Audio, MIDI, Computer Notation, and Computer- Assisted Instruction. Appendices cover necessary computer hardware and software concepts. Written for both music techlogy majors and n-majors, this textbook introduces fundamental principles and practices so students can learn to work with a wide range of software programs, adapt to new music techlogies, and apply music techlogy in their performance, composition, teaching, and analysis. Features: * Thorough explanations of key topics in music techlogy * Content applicable to all software and hardware, t linked to just one piece of software or gear * In-depth discussion of digital audio topics, such as sampling rates, resolutions, and file formats * Explanations of standard audio plug-ins including dynamics processors, EQs, and delay based effects * Coverage of synthesis and sampling in software instruments * Pedagogical features, including: * Further Reading sections that allow the student to delve deeper into topics of interest * Suggested Activities that can be carried out with a variety of different programs * Key Terms at the end of each chapter * What Do I Need? Chapters covering the types of hardware and software needed in order to put together Audio and MIDI systems * A companion website with links to audio examples that demonstrate various concepts, step-by-step tutorials, relevant hardware, software, and additional audio and video resources. The new edition has been fully updated to cover new techlogies that have emerged since the first edition, including iOS and mobile platforms, online tation software, alternate controllers, and Open Sound Control (OSC).
- Author BiographyDan Hosken is Associate Dean of the Mike Curb College of Arts, Media, and Communication at California State University, Northridge.
- Author(s)Dan Hosken
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/08/2014
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note31 black & white tables, 167 black & white halftones, 111 black & white line drawings
- Weight1043 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.