All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The contents are t specifically nursing orientated but very neatly balanced to be of relevance to all working in the public health arena!the book is well written, the language is clear, and the concepts clearly and simply explained and easily understood' - Journal of Biosocial Science .What are epidemiology and public health? What is the nature of public health evidence and kwledge? What strategies can be used to protect and improve health? The second edition of this bestselling book provides a multi-professional introduction to the key concepts in public health and epidemiology. It presents a broad, interactive account of contemporary public health, placing an emphasis on developing public health skills and stimulating the reader to think through the issues for themselves. The new edition features additional material on: historical perspectives; public health skills for practice; evaluation of public health interventions; the nature of evidence and public health kwledge; and, translating policy and evidence into practice. An Introduction to Public Health and Epidemiology is key reading for students of public health and healthcare professionals, including: nurses, doctors, community development workers and public health workers.
- Author BiographySusan Carr is Reader in Public Health and Primary Care at Northumbria University,UK, where she researches and teaches public health and primary care issues. Nigel Unwin is Professor of Epidemiology, in Advancing Research in Chronic Disease Epidemiology (ARCHES) and lead of the WHO Collaborating Centre for Diabetes, in the Institute of Health and Society at Newcastle University, UK. Tanja Pless-Mulloli is Professor of Environmental Epidemiology and lead of the Environment and Health team in the Institute of Health and Society at Newcastle University, UK.
- Author(s)Nigel Unwin,Susan Carr,Tanja Pless-Mulloli
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleUK Higher Education OUP Humanities & Social Sciences Health & Social Welfare
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width67 mm
- Height94 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.