All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn Introduction to Public Relations and Communication Management addresses the theoretical and practical needs of students. With an Australian focus and real-life examples this approach engages students, pointing out ways to extend their kwledge, to gain local and international perspectives, to understand the wider perspectives of the profession and its possibilities. Theory to Practice Practitioner Profiles - the voices of professionals to show students what their future career could look like. From the researcher's desk - illustrate research and look to the future of PR Examples - from Australia, New Zealand and Asia to prepare students for their career. New to this edition: Three new chapters: Chapter 11 Government Relations: Information, Influence and Political Success; Chapter 8 Communicating on the Inside to Build Supportive Workforces; Chapter 15 PR Directions and Beginning a Toolkit For Your Future Career New case studies in each chapter examine real-world examples and how the theories played out in practice. Updated and revised Social Media chapter contains the latest research and theory about how to work in an area that's constantly changing An Introduction to Public Relations and Communication Management is also available as an e-book.
- Author BiographyJoy Chia is the Head of the School of Applied Media and Social Sciences, Monash University. In her previous position she was the academic director of the public relations undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the University of South Australia. Joy is a Fellow of the Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA) and past PRIA (SA) President. Dr Gae Synnott is the director of Synnott Mulholland Management Services (SMMS), a Perth-based management and communications consultancy, and is a Fellow of the Public Relations Institute of Australia (PRIA). SMMS, which has been in operation since mid 1997, provides advice mainly to state and local government, as well as to the resources sector in Western Australia.
- Author(s)Gae Synnott,Joy Chia
- PublisherOxford University Press Australia
- Date of Publication29/11/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintOUP Australia and New Zealand
- Content Note17
- Weight962 g
- Width205 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.