Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThe present textbook contains the recordsof a two-semester course on que- ing theory, including an introduction to matrix-analytic methods. This course comprises four hours oflectures and two hours of exercises per week andhas been taughtattheUniversity of Trier, Germany, for about ten years in - quence. The course is directed to last year undergraduate and?rst year gr- uate students of applied probability and computer science, who have already completed an introduction to probability theory. Its purpose is to present - terial that is close eugh to concrete queueing models and their applications, while providing a sound mathematical foundation for the analysis of these. Thus the goal of the present book is two-fold. On the one hand, students who are mainly interested in applications easily feel bored by elaborate mathematical questions in the theory of stochastic processes. The presentation of the mathematical foundations in our courses is chosen to cover only the necessary results, which are needed for a solid foundation of the methods of queueing analysis. Further, students oriented - wards applications expect to have a justi?cation for their mathematical efforts in terms of immediate use in queueing analysis. This is the main reason why we have decided to introduce new mathematical concepts only when they will be used in the immediate sequel. On the other hand, students of applied probability do t want any heur- tic derivations just for the sake of yielding fast results for the model at hand.
- Author(s)Dieter Baum,Lothar Breuer
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication07/11/2005
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight581 g
- Width156 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.