Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionThe construction of satisfactory roads and airfield runways in seasonal frost and permafrost areas is rmally more difficult than in temperate regions because the imperviousness of the underlying permafrost tends to produce poor soil drainage conditions, and because disturbance of the natural surface may set in motion adjustments in thermal regime, drainage, and slope stability which may have serious and progressive consequences. This publication discusses roadway and runway design considerations for cold arctic and subarctic regions.
- Author BiographyPaul Guyer is a registered civil engineer, mechanical engineer, fire protection engineer, and architect with over 35 years experience in the design of buildings and related infrastructure. For an additional 9 years he was a principal advisor to the California Legislature on infrastructure and capital outlay issues. He is a graduate of Stanford University and has held numerous national, state and local offices with the American Society of Civil Engineers, Architectural Engineering Institute and National Society of Professional Engineers.
- Author(s)J Paul Guyer
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.