All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its fourth edition, this widely used textbook is designed for students or professionals in medical fields who have little or formal background in Spanish. Using online videos, readings, exercises, and activities such as role play and improvisation, it introduces the grammar structures and specialized medical vocabulary and colloquial terms that nurses, doctors, dentists, and allied health professionals need to communicate effectively with the growing Spanish-speaking population. In addition, rich cultural tes explain Lati customs and communication styles. NEW TO THE FOURTH EDITION: * Embellished full-color design with 174 illustrations and 275 classroom activities * Expanded lexicon, condensed grammar, and more target-language content * Audio program that can be accessed via QR codes in the text * A companion Web site with video program, self-correcting quizzes, downloadable graphics, and classroom activity sheets
- Author BiographyRobert O. Chase is a social worker and a pretrial competency examiner for the Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services. An American-Dominican citizen, he teaches Spanish at local hospitals and at Tunxis Community College, drawing on rich Latin-American immersion experiences. Clarisa B. Medina de Chase is a rehabilitation therapist at Connecticut Valley Hospital. A Dominican-American citizen, she appreciates the value and challenges of learning to successfully function in multiple sociocultural and linguistic contexts.
- Author(s)Clarisa B Medina De Chase,Robert O. Chase
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication25/11/2014
- Languageeng, spa
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note187 color + 1 b-w illus.
- Weight566 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.