All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionEmphasizing concepts rather than recipes, An Introduction to Statistical Inference and Its Applications with R provides a clear exposition of the methods of statistical inference for students who are comfortable with mathematical tation. Numerous examples, case studies, and exercises are included. R is used to simplify computation, create figures, and draw pseudorandom samples-t to perform entire analyses. After discussing the importance of chance in experimentation, the text develops basic tools of probability. The plug-in principle then provides a transition from populations to samples, motivating a variety of summary statistics and diagstic techniques. The heart of the text is a careful exposition of point estimation, hypothesis testing, and confidence intervals. The author then explains procedures for 1- and 2-sample location problems, analysis of variance, goodness-of-fit, and correlation and regression. He concludes by discussing the role of simulation in modern statistical inference. Focusing on the assumptions that underlie popular statistical methods, this textbook explains how and why these methods are used to analyze experimental data.
- Author BiographyMichael W. Trosset is Professor of Statistics and Director of the Indiana Statistical Consulting Center at Indiana University.
- Author(s)Michael W. Trosset
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication11/06/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Texts in Statistical Science
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 81
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChapman & Hall/CRC
- Content Note72 black & white illustrations, 30 black & white tables
- Weight816 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.