All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionIn the last years of his life Bion gathered unusual manuscripts handwritten in his tidy lettering that assumed the form of a trilogy. Finely typed and edited by his dedicated wife, they were named A Memoir of the Future. Many of the themes of this book were already evident in Transformations and Attention and Interpretation. These earlier books provide many of the theories whose practical counterpart finally found a form in the trilogy: as Bion himself ted, the criteria for a psychoanalytic paper are that it should stimulate in the reader the emotional experience that the writer intends, that its power to stimulate should be durable, and that the emotional experience thus stimulated should be an accurate representation of the psychoanalytic experience that stimulated the writer in first place. In this second volume of a much needed introduction to Bion's last work, A Memoir of the Future, Paulo Cesar Sandler continues his detailed and insightful prelude to a work many readers have found obscure, complicated and difficult . The first volume was described as an exhaustive and generous contribution...to the w globalised psychoanalytic community , in which Dr Sandler tries to share his own apprehension of Bion's trilogy in order to allow us to perform our own apprehension of it . Using many quotations from the text of the trilogy and drawing on his own extensive clinical experience, Dr Sandler w continues with his stated aim of helping readers towards their own reading of the original text, and draws attention to the many instances where Bion has given hints and tips that analysts will find useful in their day-to-day practice.
- Author BiographyPaulo Cesar Sandler, MD, MSc, MhFAB, is a Training Analyst at the Sociedade Brasileira de Psicanalise de Sao Paulo, Psychiatrist at the Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (IMREA) at the Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, and author of several books in Portuguese. He has written many papers and book chapters, some of which have been published in English and French. He has translated most of Bion's books and papers into Portuguese and has organized several international meetings on the work of Bion. Dr Sandler currently teaches in a post-graduate course at the University of Sao Paulo, and at the Institute of Psycho-Analysis of the SBPSP, giving courses about the work of Freud, Klein and Bion. He has worked in private psychoanalytic practice since 1974, having previously worked with psychotics in a traditional in-patient clinic, as well as in group-oriented community psychiatry, including epidemiology of mental disorders, in the local Public Health School.
- Author(s)P. C. Sandler
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.