All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a broad and balanced introduction to the principle Western financial makets and institutions. Unlike other books which tend to focus on an individual market, An Introduction to Western Financial Markets is international in scope. Valdez ackwledges the current movement towards a single global market and recognizes that a parochial kwledge of just one local market is longer sufficient. Various financial sectors are described in clear and easy to understand terms. Topics covered include banking (commercial and investment), money and bond markets, foreign exchange, stock markets, finance for trade, insurance options, futures, and other derivative products. A final chapter surveys the key trends and issues in the markets today. A useful glossary of terms is included. Pages of mathematical formulae, common in introductory books on finance, are avoided. Valdez clearly shows the importance of these formulae, but is constantly aware of his n-numeric readers. This book will appeal to students of banking, finance, ecomics, business studies and the securities markets.
- Author BiographyAfter a career in the computer industry, Stephen Valdez in 1985 formed his own company, Valdez Financial Training, which provides introductory courses on financial markets. These courses are used by major banks and financial institutions worldwide as well as by computer manufacturers and software houses supplying products and services to the financial world.
- Author(s)Stephen Valdez
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication17/09/1993
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Out-of-print date21/11/2011
- Content Noteglossary
- Weight622 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine29 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.