All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDreams puzzled early man, Greek philosophers spun elaborate theories to explain human memory and perception, Descartes postulated that the brain was filled with animal spirits, and psychology was officially deemed a science in the 19th century. In this Seventh Edition of AN INTRODUCTION TO THE HISTORY OF PSYCHOLOGY, International Edition, authors Hergenhahn and Henley demonstrate that most of the concerns of contemporary psychologists are manifestations of themes that have been part of psychology for hundreds-or even thousands-of years. The book's numerous photographs and pedagogical devices, along with its biographical material on key figures in psychology, engage readers and facilitate their understanding of each chapter.
- Author BiographyTracy Henley earned his Psychology Ph.D. at the University of Tennessee, where he co-edited his first book, REFLECTIONS ON THE PRINCIPLES OF PSYCHOLOGY: WILLIAM JAMES AFTER A CENTURY. He also co-authored THE PHENOMENOLOGY OF EVERYDAY LIFE and CONNECTIONS IN THE HISTORY AND SYSTEMS OF PSYCHOLOGY; has authored more than 60 publications in the areas of history, methods, psycholinguistics, and social cognition; and has worked on numerous federal research grants. Dr. Henley spent 13 years on the faculty at Mississippi State University, teaching and conducting research in philosophy and psychology. In 2001, he spent his first sabbatical working for a computer games company, and still dabbles in game design. In 2003, he accepted the position of Head of the Department of Psychology and Special Education at Texas A & M University-Commerce. Currently, he serves as Director of Grants and Research for the College of Education and Human Services. In 2012, he also served as President of the Southwestern Psychological Association. A former chair of Hamline's psychology department at Hamline University, Dr. Hergenhahn has been awarded for excellence in teaching, has authored several widely adopted textbooks and numerous journal articles.
- Author(s)B. R. Hergenhahn,Tracy B. Henley
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication08/03/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight1070 g
- Width187 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 7th revised ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.