Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.63
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionBiology is a source of fascination for most scientists, whether their training is in the life sciences or t. In particular, there is a special satisfaction in discovering an understanding of biology in the context of ather science like mathematics. Fortunately there are plenty of interesting (and fun) problems in biology, and virtually all scientific disciplines have become the richer for it. For example, two major journals, Mathematical Biosciences and Journal of Mathematical Biology, have tripled in size since their inceptions 20-25 years ago. The various sciences have a great deal to give to one ather, but there are still too many fences separating them. In writing this book we have adopted the philosophy that mathematical biology is t merely the intrusion of one science into ather, but has a unity of its own, in which both the biology and the math- ematics should be equal and complete, and should flow smoothly into and out of one ather. We have taught mathematical biology with this philosophy in mind and have seen profound changes in the outlooks of our science and engineering students: The attitude of Oh , ather pendulum on a spring problem!, or Yet one more LCD circuit! completely disappeared in the face of applications of mathematics in biology. There is a timeliness in calculating a protocol for ad- ministering a drug.
- Author(s)E.K. Yeargers,James Herod,Ronald W. Shonkweiler
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/09/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note40 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight623 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.