All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is an introduction to the philosophy of mind. While a number of such introductions are available, this book differs from others in that, while rejecting the dualist approach associated in particular with Descartes, it also casts serious doubt on the forms of materialism that w dominate English language philosophy. Drawing in particular on the work of Wittgenstein, a central place is given to the importance of the tion of a human being in our thought about ourselves and others.
- Author BiographyDAVID COCKBURN is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Wales, Lampeter. He is author of Other Human Beings and Other Times, and editor of Human Beings.
- Author(s)David Cockburn
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/04/2001
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight232 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.