All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionExplore the latest edition of AN INVITATION TO HEALTH, where rewned author Dianne Hales helps you commit to a healthier lifestyle. From physical and mental health to social and sexual issues, this personal health text candidly explores the mind, body, and spirit, and shows you how to start making improvements today. Readings include a new chapter on consumer health, with Consumer Alert features to critically evaluate your health care options. You will also discover how to live healthily on a tight budget while making small changes that yield big benefits. More than a superficial self-help approach, AN INVITATION TO HEALTH: The Power of Now! presents hard data in meaningful ways, such as ACHA's 2013 National College Health Assessment, which shows where your health stands among peers. And you can make even greater strides with MindTap(TM), complete with health self-assessments, behavior change labs, and other tools that lead you to better health-and learning!
- Author BiographyDianne Hales is one of the most widely published and honored health writers in the country. Her bestselling textbooks include AN INVITATION TO HEALTH, AN INVITATION TO WELLNESS, and AN INVITATION TO PERSONAL CHANGE. Her trade books include the award-winning compendium of mental health information CARING FOR THE MIND: THE COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO MENTAL HEALTH; THINK THIN, BE THIN (with Doris Helmering); JUST LIKE A WOMAN: HOW GENDER SCIENCE IS REDEFINING WHAT MAKES US FEMALE; THE MIND-MOOD PILL BOOK; INTENSIVE CARING: NEW HOPE FOR HIGH RISK PREGNANCY (with Dr. Timothy Johnson); HOW TO SLEEP LIKE A BABY; THE U.S. ARMY TOTAL FITNESS PROGRAM; NEW HOPE FOR PROBLEM PREGNANCIES; and THE COMPLETE BOOK OF SLEEP. The president of Italy named Hales a cavaliere dell'Ordine della Stella della Solidariet? Italiana (Knight of the Order of the Star of Italian Solidarity) in recognition of her bestselling book LA BELLA LINGUA as an invaluable tool for promoting the Italian language. Her other writing awards include prizes from the American Psychiatric Association, American Psychological Association, the National Women's Political Caucus, California Psychiatric Society, CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder), Council for the Advancement of Scientific Education, and the New York City Public Library. Her latest general audience book is the biography MONA LISA: A LIFE DISCOVERED.
- Author(s)Dianne Hales
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1270 g
- Width230 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement17th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.