All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- Description<b>A holiday treat from one of Ireland's most celebrated storytellers.</b> This bountiful collection of more than fifty tales by one of Ireland's liveliest and most popular writers offers holiday charm and Gaelic humor by the Christmas stockingful. Drawing on the rich folk culture of County Kerry, John B. Keane brings new life to old customs in his portrayals of t-so-ordinary country people during the Christmas season. Keane revisits the Christmases celebrated by characters like Dotie Tupper and Johnny Naile, the doughty Can Doyle and deaf Can Cornelius Coodle, the amiable spendthrift Aenias Mackson, and Hiccups O'Reilly, who disappears one Christmas Eve and isn't seen again for seven years. Keane bears delightful witness to the trials and triumphs of the inhabitants of County Kerry, Ireland. Creates a charming emotional map of fictitious but authentic-seeming place. --<i>Boston Globe</i> A safe, sardonic voice . . . Handle[s] sentiment in a way that respects both the story and the audience. --<i>Minneapolis Star Tribune</i> Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade, Yucca, and Good Books imprints, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction--vels, vellas, political and medical thrillers, comedy, satire, historical fiction, romance, erotic and love stories, mystery, classic literature, folklore and mythology, literary classics including Shakespeare, Dumas, Wilde, Cather, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a <i>New York Times</i> bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author Biography<b>John B. Keane</b>, the beloved playwright and author of such novels as <i>The Contractors</i> and <i>Durango</i>, as well as collections of poetry, songs, letters, and short stories, lived in Listowel, County Kerry. There he presided over one of the liveliest, most literary pubs in Ireland until his death in May 2002.
- Author(s)John B Keane
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication03/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.