Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- Description'Some of these stories are accurate; all of them are true...' In his An Irish History of Civilization , Don Akenson, the world's leading scholar of the Irish Dispora, fuses history and fiction into a remarkable narrative of the people and their influence around the globe. An Irish History of Civilization is about the Irish at home and abroad, the great and the small, the ble and the depraved, the saints and he sinners, adventures and idealists. As Akenson follows his chosen people on their odyssey around the globe, the lines between history and fiction become irretrievably, beguilingly lost in the mists of time. Volume Two begins with the Great Famine and goes on to show the Irish adapting, improvising and invating in Ireland and overseas - in North America, Australia, New Zealand, Polynesia and South Africa. The book ends by demonstrating the centrality of both Catholic and Protestant Irish culture to the United States.
- Author BiographyDon Akenson is an internationally acclaimed scholar and author who is considered the world's foremost authority on the Irish Diaspora. He has written many books, including An Irish History of Civilization- Volume One, Surpassing Wonder: The Invention of the Bible and the Talmuds and a biography of Conor Cruse O'Brien.
- Author(s)Donald Harman Akenson
- PublisherGranta Books
- Date of Publication06/03/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGranta Books
- Out-of-print date14/10/2009
- Height250 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.