All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe pain seemed to dissolve. Cold and rough tarmac against the face, chill wind down here at ground level, smell of French perfume on my shirt, delicious. I registered that but all I felt was sad. This is a stupid way to go, I thought. Careless. When Mac Faraday's best friend is found hanging, the assumption is suicide. But Mac is far from convinced, and he's a man who kws t to accept things at face value. A regular at the local pub, a mainstay of the footy team, Mac is living the quiet life of a country blacksmith - a life connected to a place, connected to its people. But Mac carries a burden of fear and vigilance from his old life. And as this past of secrets, corruption, abuse and murder begins to close in, he must turn to long-forgotten resources to hang on to everything he holds dear, including his own life.
- Author BiographyPeter Temple has won five Ned Kelly Awards for his novels, and won the world's most prestigious crimewriting prize, the Duncan Lawrie Dagger. In 2010 he was awarded Australia's greatest writing prize, the Miles Franklin Literary Award.
- Author(s)Peter Temple
- PublisherText Publishing Co
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleText Classics
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintThe Text Publishing Company
- Weight215 g
- Width130 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Introduction byL. A. Carlyon
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.