All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday, most people look down when they want to check the weather, peeking at cell phones or popping open a browser, instead of looking up at one of the most accessible weather predictors of all-the sky. Kwing what the atmosphere has in store without relying on techlogy can be a gratifying experience, and w, with An Observer's Guide to Clouds and Weather, it is also one that is easy to learn. This informative and accessible guide walks readers through the basics of making weather predictions through understanding cloud types and sky formations. It explains, in ntechnical terms, the science behind the weather, connecting fundamental meteorological concepts with the processes that shape weather patterns. Readers will learn how to develop their powers of observation and hone their ability to make quick forecasts without complicated tools. Whether you're an amateur weather enthusiast or a beginning meteorology student, An Observer's Guide to Clouds and Weather will help anyone who prefers looking up to looking it up.
- Author BiographyToby Carlson is professor of meteorology emeritus in the Department of Meteorology at Pennsylvania State University. Paul Knight is a senior lecturer in meteorology in the Department of Meteorology at Pennsylvania State University as well as producer and host of the show Weather World. Celia Wyckoff is a former editor for World Campus at Pennsylvania State University.
- Author(s)Celia Wyckoff,Paul Knight,Toby N. Carlson
- PublisherAmerican Meteorological Society
- Date of Publication24/02/2015
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Meteorological Society
- Content Note30 colour plates, 10 halftones, 10 line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width160 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine11 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.