All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Old Testament is more than a religious history of the nation of Israel. It is more than a portrait gallery of heroes of the faith. It is even more than a theological and prophetic backdrop to the New Testament. Beyond these, the Old Testament is inspired revelation of the very nature, character, and works of God. As rewned Old Testament scholar Bruce Waltke writes in the preface of this book, the Old Testament's every sentence is fraught with theology, worthy of reflection. This book is the result of decades of reflection informed by an extensive kwledge of the Hebrew language, the best of critical scholarship, a deep understanding of both the content and spirit of the Old Testament, and a thoroughly evangelical conviction. Taking a narrative, chrological approach to the text, Waltke employs rhetorical criticism to illuminate the theologies of the biblical narrators. Through careful study, he shows that the unifying theme of the Old Testament is the breaking in of the kingdom of God. This theme helps the reader better understand t only the Old Testament, but also the New Testament, the continuity of the entire Bible, and ultimately, God himself.
- Author BiographyBruce K. Waltke (PhD, Dallas Theological Seminary; PhD, Harvard Divinity School), acknowledged to be one of the outstanding contemporary Old Testament scholars, is professor of Old Testament at Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando, Florida, and professor emeritus of biblical studies at Regent College in Vancouver. He has authored and coauthored numerous books, commentaries, and articles, and contributed to dictionaries and encyclopedias. Charles Yu is currently pursuing doctoral studies in the Department of Hebrew and Semitics at the University of Wisconsin in Madison.
- Author(s)Bruce K. Waltke,Charles Yu
- Date of Publication21/09/2007
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2006
- Content NoteB & W charts
- Weight1915 g
- Width193 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine55 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.