Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.48+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionIn An Open Book , this veteran of five marriages, innumerable friendships, practical jokes, horses, love affairs, and intellectual obsessions tells his own story in his own way. It is direct, unadorned, complete,and wonderful reading. Here is Huston on stage for the first time at age three, dressed in an Uncle Sam suit in the ring at eighteen, boxing for small purses selling his first short story to H.L. Mencken down and out in London acting in Greenwich Village going to Hollywood to work for Jack Warner as a writer directing his first picture, The Maltese Falcon filming dangerous combat scenes in the Aleutians and in Italy and making over forty years worth of movies, from Key Largo to The Man Who Would Be King . And the stories behind those movies are often as exciting as the movies themselves, featuring such tables as Hemingway, Selznick, Sartre, Hepburn, Monroe, Flynn, Welles, Gable, Bogart, Clift, and Brando. An Open Book is alive with John Huston's presence: his boldness and daring, his candour and style, and the spontaneity with which he followed his dreams to their ultimate destination, the well-deserved acclaim of a world enchanted by his work.
- Author BiographyJohn Huston (1906-1987) directed 41 films, including The Red Badge of Courage, The African Queen, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, and Prizzi's honour, and acted in some twenty others. One of the most admired, colourful, and adventurous personalities of American movies, he has been the subject of many books and stories, only some of them true.
- Author(s)John Huston
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication01/03/1994
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content Note97 photographs
- Weight471 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.