All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionMark Stevenson has been to the future a few years ahead of the rest of us - and reckons it has a lot going for it. His voyage of discovery takes him to Oxford to meet Transhumanists (they intend to live forever), to Boston where he confronts a robot with mood swings, to an underwater cabinet meeting in the Indian Ocean, and Australia to question the Outback's smartest farmer. He clambers around space planes in the Mojave desert, gets to grips with the potential of natechlogy, delves deep into the possibilities of biotech, sees an energy renaissance on a printer, a revolution in communications, has his geme profiled, and glimpses the next stage of human evolution ... and tries to make sense of what's in store. Insightful and often very funny, An Optimist's Tour of the Future is a book that tracks one curious man's journey to find out what's in store.
- Author BiographyMark Stevenson is a writer, entrepreneur and ideas broker who speaks regularly on future narratives, innovation, belief systems and learning. He has written for The Times, Wall Street Journal, Guardian and The New Statesman, and is the author of the critically acclaimed An Optimist's Tour of the Future, which is being turned into a TV series. He is an adviser to the Virgin Earth Challenge and Trillion Fund.
- Author(s)Mark Stevenson
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintProfile Books Ltd
- Weight237 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.