All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique book uses invative computerized oral-formulaic analysis of the Arabic text of the Qur'an to demonstrate that much of the Qur'an was composed live in oral performance. It explores the rich oral culture that both predated and preceded the Qur'an's formative period, and shows that only by viewing the Qur'an through an oral lens can one begin to properly understand the process by which it first coalesced.
- Author BiographyAndrew G. Bannister is adjunct research fellow at the Centre for the Study of Islam and Other Faiths, Melbourne School of Theology, and visiting lecturer at the Centre for Islamic Studies and Muslim-Christian Relations, London School of Theology.
- Author(s)Andrew Bannister
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication24/04/2014
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note134 tables
- Weight635 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.