Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionIt took many years to realize that I had a story to tell. A story of God's touch on my life and how he has watched over me. I cant say when it began, but as I look back and think upon all the things that took place I w conclude that I have been in his care for a long time, and in making that statement I mean when I first became aware of the touch of God on my life. Believers sometime think God does t hear them in their prayers and daily tasks or God is too busy to handle all the mundane activities that we do each day, but God does t fail to answer when we seek him. Our problem is we have a programmed mind set of how we think God should answer our pleas, and when it does t happen as planned we do t think our prayers have been answered and we give up on God blaming him for our trials. When I have pleaded with the Lord in my deepest needs he has answered. As the result of prayer sometimes it was me that had to change or be fixed before he could finish the plan he had for my life. I have found when I am so sure I am right that is when I am so wrong. Kwing this I stand in awe before our Lord Jesus Christ and marvel at how he seeks to make things right for us when we choose to follow him. You may think a lot of my stories are my imagination or really t very earth shattering to be thought of as God speaking to me, but it supplied the strength I needed at times in my life when I needed God the most. There is doubt in my mind that it was God who masterminded protection for my life. So, I'm asking you as you read this to open you eyes to the small and large things that happen in your life. Things that may appear unusual or unexplainable. I guarantee you God is in the action even though you have t opened your eyes to that fact. He is there and he answered your prayer even if there was action to verify that he did. Once you begin to look into your life in this manner I kw you will be pleasantly surprized to find God.
- Author BiographyReva Coker Horton grew up on a cotton and peanut farm in rural Central Texas until her father at age fourty two surrendered to a call on his life to be a minister for the Lord. The family then moved from one small Methodist Church to another in rural communities across Texas until the author married and settled in the community of Blanket in Brown County Texas where she raised four children who have made her very proud of being their mother. Years would pass before the author would recognize the touch of God on her life and the wonder that God loved her by showing her time and again without her seeing and acknowledging that fact. Timidity would keep her from sharing her story with others except for a few close friends. These friends would be the encouragement that would push her to publish the first of several Ordinary Woman's Walk With God books. Mrs. Horton lives in Corsicana, Texas with her husband Charlie and their two cocker spaniel dogs. They are active members of the Commemorative Air Force and the Coyote Squadron of Navarro County and travel with this group to air shows across Texas exhibiting the squadron's P-19 Vintage airplane and ambulance. It is with humbleness, love and awe that the author dedicates this part of her live to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Author(s)Reva Coker Horton
- PublisherReva Coker Horton
- Date of Publication30/09/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintReva Coker Horton
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.