All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook is an introduction to statistical physics, written primarily for self-study. It provides a comprehensive approach to the main ideas of statistical physics at a level of an introductory course, starting from the kinetic theory of gases and proceeding all the way to Bose-Einstein and Fermi-Dirac statistics. Each idea is brought out with ample motivation and step-by-step deductive exposition. The key points and methods are presented and discussed on the basis of concrete representative systems, such as the paramagnet, Einstein's solid, the diatomic gas, black body radiation, electric conductivity in metals and superfluidity. The book is written in a stimulating style and is accompanied by a large number of exercises and be self-assessment problems at the end of each chapter. Detailed solutions of all the exercises are provided.
- Author(s)Daniel J. Amit,The Open University of Israel,Yosef Verbin
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/1998
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.