All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionOne is t born a woman, one becomes one. -Simone de Beauvoir Literature has provided us with some of the most unforgettable women in history. From wives and mothers to daughters and lovers, these women all have one thing in common--they're uncommon heroines. This unique collection includes more than twenty great vel excerpts depicting women young and old, wise and weary, flamboyant and cunning such as: * Emma Woodhouse in Emma by Jane Austen* Jane Eyre in Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte* Holly Golightly in Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote* Evelyn Couch in Fried Green Tomatoes by Fannie Flagg* Celie in The Color Purple by Alice Walker This book celebrates the women we envy, admire, and are inspired by--generation after generation.
- Author BiographyJamie Cox Robertson holds a master's degree in literature and lectures at Suffolk University in Boston. She has designed and taught literary seminars for the OASIS Institute, a nationwide adult education organization, and taught literature and writing at Webster University, the Chautauqua Institute, and the Cambridge Adult Education Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts. In addition, Robertson was the founding editor of Southern Literary Review, www.southernlitreview.com, an online source for quality southern fiction. She is also the author of A Literary Paris.
- Author(s)Jamie Cox Robertson
- PublisherAdams Media Corporation
- Date of Publication18/10/2010
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationHolbrook, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAdams Media Corporation
- Out-of-print date30/09/2015
- Weight281 g
- Width190 mm
- Height127 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.