All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
About this product
- DescriptionThis work captures a remarkable year in boxing - 2008. Thomas Hauser has become 'must reading' in the boxing community, and his latest book demonstrates why. An Unforgiving Sport brings together Hauser's 2008 articles from secondsout.com and espn.com, in which he exposes the inner workings of HBO sports, goes behind the scenes at boxing's biggest fights, revisits historical figures like John L. Sullivan, and offers revealing portraits of Don King, Oscar De La Hoya, Manny Pacquiao, Ricky Hatton, Bernard Hopkins, and a host of others. Booklist praised an earlier collection of Hauser's articles as 'one more testament to [Hauser's] talent and passion for the most elemental of our sports'. An Unforgiving Sport adds to Hauser's definitive record of the contemporary boxing scene.
- Author BiographyThomas Hauser is the author of thirty-seven books on a wide range of subjects. His first book, Missing, was made into an Academy Awardwinning movie, and his book Muhammad Ali: His Life and Times is considered to be the definitive account of the great fighter. In 1996 Hauser coauthored with Ali the book Healing, for which they won the Haviva Reik Award. In 2004 Hauser won the Nat Fleischer Award for Career Excellence in Boxing Journalism from the Boxing Writers Association of America.
- Author(s)Thomas Hauser
- PublisherUniversity of Arkansas Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationFayetteville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Arkansas Press
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.