All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionIn An Unreal Estate, Lucinda Carspecken takes an in-depth look at Lothlorien, a Southern Indiana nature sanctuary, sustainable camping ground, festival site, collective residence, and experiment in ecological building, stewardship, and organization. Carspecken tes the way fiction and reality intertwine on this piece of land and argues that examples such as Lothlorien have the power to be a force for social change. Lothlorien's organization and social rms are in sharp contrast with its surrounding communities. As a unique enclave within a larger society, it offers to the latter both an implicit critique and a cluster of alternative values and lifestyles. In addition, it has created a niche where some participants change, grow, and find empowerment in an environment that is accepting of difference-particularly in areas of religion and sexual orientation.
- Author BiographyLucinda Carspecken is Adjunct Professor in Qualitative Research Methods and Anthropology at Indiana University Bloomington.
- Author(s)Lucinda Carspecken
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication03/11/2011
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note25 b&w illus.
- Weight545 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.