All listings for this product
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.39Trending at AU $24.52
- AU $89.47Trending at AU $97.74
- AU $30.20Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $16.32Trending at AU $19.25
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $14.72
- AU $21.62Trending at AU $24.42
- AU $39.98Trending at AU $46.92
About this product
- DescriptionAfter three long years of scrimping and saving to buy tickets for their passage to America, Roald and Ingeborg Bjorklund, along with their son, Thorliff, finally arrive at the docks of New York City. It was the promise of free land that fed their dream and lured them from their beloved home high above the fjords of Norway in 1880. As they join the throngs of countless immigrants passing through Castle Garden, the Bjorklunds soon discover that thing is as they had envisioned it. Appalled by the horrid stories of fellow immigrants forced to live in squalid living conditions, they continue their long journey by train as far as Grand Forks. From there a covered wagon takes them into Dakota Territory, where they settle on the banks of the Red River. But there was way for them to foresee the price they will have to pay to wrest a living from the indomitable land. The virgin prairie refuses to yield its treasure without a struggle. Will they be strong eugh to overcome the hardships of that first winter?
- Author BiographyLauraine Snelling is the award-winning author of over fifty books, including Blessing in Disguise and Believing the Dream. She won a Silver Angel Award and a Romance Writers of America Golden Heart. She also writes for a wide range of magazines. Lauraine lives in California. Callie Beaulieu has been an actress for several decades. Classically trained, she is predominantly a theater actress, and her work has been seen around the country. Callie recently returned to the U.S. after spending nearly a decade living in the Caribbean. She is a proud member of Actors Equity Association and SAG-AFTRA.
- Author(s)Lauraine Snelling
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication29/09/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleRed River of the North
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Callie Beaulieu
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time733
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.