All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionShe had promised herself that once they left the fjords of Norway, she would never look back. The promise of free land lures Roald and Ingeborg Bjorklund from their beloved home high above the fjords of Norway, and after three long years of scrimping and saving to buy tickets for their passage to America, they finally arrive at the docks of New York City. This new land promises a rich heritage for their children, and here they hope to build a good life. After a long journey by train and then by covered wagon, the Bjorklunds finally arrive in Dakota Territory, where they settle on the banks of the Red River of the North. But the virgin prairie refuses to yield its treasure without a struggle. Will Roald and Ingeborg be strong eugh to overcome the hardships of that first winter? Proud of their heritage and sustained by their faith, they came to tame a new land.
- Author BiographyLAURAINE SNELLING is the bestselling, award-winning author of over forty novels. She also writes for a wide range of magazines and teaches at writers conferences across the country. She and her husband make their home in Tehachapi, California.
- Author(s)Lauraine Snelling
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleRed River of the North
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBethany House Publishers, a division of Baker Publishing Group
- Weight476 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.