All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe need to respond to the rapidly changing city climate is particularly urgent in the tropics where the urban transition is currently at its peak. While the need is clearly felt by the tropical urban dwellers, texts that provide an overview of the problem and indicate possible design solutions are rare. This comprehensive reference will be welcomed by student and practising architects as well as other built envronment professionals engaged with the environmental effects of building in worldwide warm and humid climates.
- Author BiographyDr. Rohinton Emmanuel is a University teacher and researcher from Sri Lanka, with a Ph.D in urban climatology from the University of Michigan and has also taught in the US and Sweden. His core interests in studying the environmental changes brought about by urbanization in the warm, humid tropics. For nearly 13 years he has extensively researched climate changes in cities with the long-term goal of developing urban environmental monitoring indices that facilitate environment-sensitive urban design in the tropics. He has an extensive record of research and publications on building climatology and urban climate changes.
- Author(s)Rohinton Emmanuel
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/02/2005
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpon Press
- Content Note77 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.