All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAnadarko, a small bootlegger town in Oklahoma's Kiowa Country, shakes off its sleepy veneer when J.D. Daugherty, an Irish ex-cop turned private eye, and Hoolie Smith, a Cherokee war veteran, show up to investigate the mysterious disappearance of oilman and geologist Frank Shotz. J.D. and Hoolie find their simple missing person case hides a web of murder, graft, and injustice tied to a network of bootleggers with links to the Ku Klux Klan. Set in the aftermath of the violent Tulsa race riot of 1921, Anadarko reveals a deadly and corrupt town filled with a toxic cocktail of booze, greed, and bigotry. Tackling racial prejudice head-on, author Tom Holm expertly weaves a vivid and suspenseful tale set in Prohibition-era Indian Country. This gritty whodunit shows thing is ever simple in the fight between good and evil.
- Author BiographyTom Holm (Cherokee-Creek) is the author of The Osage Rose and several works of nonfiction, including Code Talkers and Warriors: Native Americans and World War II, The Great Confusion in Indian Affairs: Native Americans and Whites in the Progressive Era, and Strong Hearts, Wounded Souls: Native American Veterans of the Vietnam War. He is a professor emeritus in the Department of American Indian Studies at the University of Arizona, USA.
- Author(s)Tom Holm
- PublisherUniversity of Arizona Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationTucson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Arizona Press
- Weight525 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.92
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.