All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionPlated structures are widely used in many engineering constructions ranging from aircraft to ships and from off-shore structures to bridges and buildings. Given their diverse use in severe dynamic loading environments, it is vital that their dynamic behaviour is analysed and understood. Analysis and design of plated structures Volume 2: Dynamics provides a concise review of the most recent research in the area and how it can be applied in the field. The book discusses the modelling of plates for effects such as transverse shear deformation and rotary inertia, assembly of plates in forming thin-walled members, and changing material properties in composite, laminated and functionally graded plates. Various recent techniques for linear and nlinear vibration analysis are also presented and discussed. The book concludes with a hybrid strategy suitable for parameter identification of plated structures and hydroelastic analysis of floating plated structures. With its distinguished editors and team of international contributors, Analysis and design of plated structures Volume 2: Dynamics is an invaluable reference source for engineers, researchers and academics involved in the analysis and design of plated structures. It also provides a companion volume to Analysis and design of plated structures Volume 1: Stability.
- Author BiographyN. E. Shanmugam is Professor of Civil Engineering at Universiti Kebangsaan, Malaysia. N. E. Shanmugam has published widely in the area of plated structures. C. M. Wang is Professor of Engineeering Science and Civil Engineering at the National University of Singapore.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication14/02/2007
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Civil and Structural Engineering
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight880 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byC. M. Wang,N. E. Shanmugam
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.