All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSteel and composite steel-concrete structures are widely used in modern bridges, buildings, sport stadia, towers, and offshore structures. Analysis and Design of Steel and Composite Structures offers a comprehensive introduction to the analysis and design of both steel and composite structures. It describes the fundamental behavior of steel and composite members and structures, as well as the current design criteria and procedures given in Australian standards AS/NZS 1170, AS 4100, AS 2327.1, Eurocode 4, and AISC-LRFD specifications. Featuring numerous step-by-step examples that clearly illustrate the detailed analysis and design of steel and composite members and connections, this practical and easy-to-understand text: * Covers plates, members, connections, beams, frames, slabs, columns, and beam-columns * Considers bending, axial load, compression, tension, and design for strength and serviceability * Incorporates the author's latest research on composite members Analysis and Design of Steel and Composite Structures is an essential course textbook on steel and composite structures for undergraduate and graduate students of structural and civil engineering, and an indispensable resource for practising structural and civil engineers and academic researchers. It provides a sound understanding of the behavior of structural members and systems.
- Author BiographyQing Quan Liang is an associate professor of structural engineering at Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia. He obtained his Ph.D from Victoria University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia, and ME from the University of Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia. He has published more than 84 technical books, book chapters, special issues, journal articles, and refereed conference papers, and is a member of the editorial board of Steel and Composite Structures: An International Journal. An ASCE member, he served on the ASCE Technical Committees on Optimal Structural Design and on Composite Construction and received the ASCE 2005 State-of-the-Art of Civil Engineering Award.
- Author(s)Qing Quan Liang
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Note211 black & white illustrations, 24 black & white tables, 150 black & white line drawings
- Weight839 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.