All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $43.60Trending at AU $86.60
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $56.16Trending at AU $56.92
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionComputer vision researchers have been frustrated in their attempts to automatically derive depth information from conventional two-dimensional intensity images. Research on shape from texture , shape from shading , and shape from focus is still in a laboratory stage and had t seen much use in commercial machine vision systems. A range image or a depth map contains explicit information about the distance from the sensor to the object surfaces within the field of view in the scene. Information about surface geometry which is important for, say, three-dimensional object recognition is more easily extracted from 2 1/2 D range images than from 2D intensity images. As a result, both active sensors such as laser range finders and passive techniques such as multi-camera stereo vision are being increasingly utilized by vision researchers to solve a variety of problems. This book contains chapters written by distinguished computer vision researchers covering the following areas: Overview of 3D Vision Range Sensing Geometric Processing Object Recognition Navigation Inspection Multisensor Fusion A workshop report, written by the editors, also appears in the book. It summarizes the state of the art and proposes future research directions in range image sensing, processing, interpretation, and applications. The book also contains an extensive, up-to-date bibliography on the above topics. This book provides a unique perspective on the problem of three-dimensional sensing and processing; it is the only comprehensive collection of papers devoted to range images. Both academic researchers interested in research issues in 3D vision and industrial engineers in search of solutions to particular problems will find this a useful reference book.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/09/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Perception Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight609 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byAnil K. Jain,Ramesh C. Jain
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.