All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.94
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
About this product
- DescriptionAs with the first edition, this textbook provides a clear introduction to the fundamental theory of structural analysis as applied to vehicular structures such as aircraft, spacecraft, automobiles and ships. The emphasis is on the application of fundamental concepts of structural analysis that are employed in everyday engineering practice. All approximations are accompanied by a full explanation of their validity. In this new edition, more topics, figures, examples and exercises have been added. There is also a greater emphasis on the finite element method of analysis. Clarity remains the hallmark of this text and it employs three strategies to achieve clarity of presentation: essential introductory topics are covered, all approximations are fully explained and many important concepts are repeated.
- Author BiographyBruce K. Donaldson was first exposed to aircraft inertia loads when he was a carrier-based US Navy antisubmarine pilot. He subsequently worked in the structural dynamics area at the Boeing Company and at the Beech Aircraft Corporation in Wichita, Kansas, before returning to school and embarking on an academic career in the area of structural analysis. He became a professor of aerospace engineering and then a professor of civil and environmental engineering at the University of Maryland. Professor Donaldson is the recipient of numerous teaching awards and has maintained industry contacts, working various summers at government agencies and for commercial enterprises, the last being Lockheed Martin in Fort Worth, Texas. He is the author of Introduction to Structural Dynamics, also published by Cambridge University Press.
- Author(s)Bruce K. Donaldson
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication28/09/2012
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCambridge Aerospace Series
- Series Part/Volume Number24
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note424 b/w illus. 20 tables
- Weight1660 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.