All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.99Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents two main sets of paper-based analytical systems. The first set is a platform for the analysis of glucose, cholesterol and uric acid in biological samples, and the second set is a cutting-edge electronic tongue system for the analysis of beverages (mineral water, beer, wine). This thesis also provides an extensive review of 33 methods of enzyme immobilization on paper which have been evaluated to enhance the storage stability of the proposed system for biomarker detection. From a practical perspective, this thesis covers a diverse set of topics related to paper-based sensing, including colorimetric and electrochemical detection methods, different sets of architecture (spot-tests, lateral and tangential flow assays), methods of fabrication (wax printing, cutting, impregnation with polymers), measurements in stationary and flow conditions as well computer modeling of proposed systems and sophisticated data analysis using chemometric techniques. This book is useful for PhD students working in this or a related field who require detailed information about methodology and background to this research.
- Author BiographyEmilia Witkowska Nery studied Biotechnology, with specialization in Microbioanalytics and obtained her MSc. Eng. degree from Warsaw University of Technology (Poland) in 2010. In order to become a specialist in her field, she participated in a series of internships in different types of laboratories (genetics, organic chemistry, parasitology, biometrology) exploring major groups of living organisms. In 2015 she defended her Ph.D thesis developed at the Institute of Chemistry, UNICAMP (Brazil).Currently she is an Assistant Researcher at the Institute of Physical Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, working on novel microfluidic systems, electrode arrays and disposable sensors. She was honoured with a prestigious FAPESP (Sao Paulo Research Foundation) scholarship.
- Author(s)Emilia Witkowska Nery
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication13/08/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSpringer Theses
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 80 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight473 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.